Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tyler's Big Arrival






Well, whoever said that babies come during full moons knows what he's talking about. At 3:18 this morning, we were blessed with the arrival of Tyler Kristopher Winders, weighing in at a solid 8 pounds and 8 ounces. He's a pretty darn good looking kid, even though we may be slightly biased. His mommy was a trooper for two solid hours of pushing. Personally, just holding her leg while she pushed wore me out. I don't know how you ladies do it.

Tyler is awake and alert and currently trying to learn how to eat. The doctors tell us everything is looking really good so far. He gets to get an MRI today to check in on a couple of their prenatal concerns, but he's looking around and responding to light, so we are encouraged that he's just fine. The initial plan was for him to go to the Level Two nursery, but the docs feel he's doing so well that the good old Level One nursery will work just fine.

So far, he's gotten a chance to meet his parents, his Gammie, his Aunt Holly and Uncle Steve, along with his friends Jane, Mike, Amie, Meredith, and Kendal. He's anxiously awaiting the arrival of his Winders grandparents and his Granddaddy Sears sometime this late morning or early afternoon. We'll get some more pics up as the day goes along and we may even try to post a video or two. Now it's time for Daddy to get some Starbucks.

21 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations.... what a cutie!!!! Everyone looks happy and healthy - we are so excited for you! We love you, Megan and Walt

Anonymous said...

Oh he is so adorable. you guys did good!! Congrats!! ashley and fam

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...what a good looking little boy. What a proud Mommy and Daddy you both are. Give him our love and we can't wait to see him in Ky. Tell him Daren will have a little dog by the time he get here. We love you all so much and we keep praying for you also.
Love you
Tonia

Robertson said...

Yippee!!!

Congratulations -- I'm thrilled to hear of TK's arrival. Now get a basketball in his hands.

Gordo

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! Great job Courtney, Jenny says he has big hands....that will come in handy with the piano lessons! We will keep our prayers with TK during the MRI.

Great Uncle Scott

Vicky said...

Congrats!!!!He is adorable. We can't wait to see more pics. Thanks for the blogging for us.
Vicky & Louie

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a beautiful miracle from God. You and Courtney are going to be the best parents in the world! I think I have some dirt in my eyes, or at least that's what I'm going to tell anyone who walks in my office! Great job you two!
-Wes

Anonymous said...

I am so excited! He is a cutie. Miranda rally enjoyed the photos. I can't wait for the next update. God Bless and congratulations!

Anonymous said...

How amazing!!! I am in tears I am so happy for you all. What a beautiful family you are. I love all three of you and can't wait to meet your precious boy...

Abby

Anonymous said...

I am soooo teary eyed and soooo happy for you guys! Way to go! He is just precious and now we have got to come up with a name he can call me!! I want something catchy! Can't be just Tina....lol
I am praying praying praying that all goes well with the MRI.
XOXOXO!!!!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy and excited for you all. Look at that scrunched up face! I feel like that in the morning too. Love you all so much,

Meredith

Anonymous said...

What a perfect and precious little boy! I am so glad everything went smoothly for you guys! I love all three of you very much and can't wait to meet TK!!!!

-Molly

amy said...

Hello... I work with Tonia at the preschool & have been waiting & praying like so many others for Tyler's arrival. He really does seem to be the miracle baby that everyone had been praying he would be(& his Aunt Tonia brought the pictures this morning to prove it)! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers....Congratulations!
Amy Jones

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm Tonia's sister in law - Brittany. I want you guys to know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers and that you have a beautiful little boy there. Congrats and I hope that God continues to lead you thru this journey.

The Koch's said...

YAY for TK! Wes and I are so excited and Malia can't wait to meet her little play buddy. We will see you soon.
Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Much love!

Anonymous said...

TK looks just like JJ Reddick when he was born! Ok, maybe TK is a little cuter! We are so excited for you guys, if you need some "couch time" you know who to call. Congratulations! Meliyah was kicking all night cause she is so excited!

Love,
Bluncle T, Melissa, Meliyah, & Ceasar

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful!! God is so Good! We are so happy for both of you and look forward to meeting him.

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. Colossians 1:9

Lynn and Lori

Unknown said...

How wonderful it was to get the much-anticipated call that Tyler is here! He is just adorable and everyone looks so in love with him already. What a cool thing this blog is--all you hi-tech young people doing your thing! We look forward to watching him (and y'all!) continue to grow. We are keeping you in prayer--enjoy every minute!!!!
Love, Paul and Weegie

Anonymous said...

"Aunt" Cathy said: He is certainly one of the cutest little boys I have seen lately! The one where he is crying looks like his Granny Bridget! ha....Jeff and Kris, he has your chin! Can't wait til this summer when he makes a visit to U.Co.....Bridget, don't get too dark..we'll all be jealous1

RED

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys from Louisville!!! Ty and I and so excited for you all and your beautiful baby, we can't wait to see the whole family soon.

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Nana thinks you are gorgeous in your green outfits.....but, I am probably just a little bit prejudice! I miss you so much, you little stinker! I hope Daddy learns how to get a diaper on tight so you don't mess up those cute little outfits! Jeff ( Pa) never changed a diaper...good thing!! Love you all, Nana

Give Tyler a kiss for me!!!!