Is there anybody out there???
I don't blame you if there's not. It's been awhile. Apologies are a must, to start this blog out, so let me begin by apologizing on behalf of my husband (aren't I sweet?)...for all but giving up on Tyler Town in pursuit of other endeavors (like reading, watching more TV, going to bed earlier, and obsessively following UK basketball recruiting). But alas, who can blame him? He spent 14 INCREDIBLY LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG MONTHS writing clever posts, posting great pictures, and doing an awesome job documenting Tyler's progress through this thing called life. THANKS KRIS! He deserves a breather, and I'm more than happy to step in (even if it requires on my part: less reading, less TV, going to bed later....and less obsessive following of UK basketball recruiting). Oh, and I do intend to 'out-clever' him. But that will take some time and lots of practice--he's pretty clever, that one.
A quick apology...I am a novice at this. The pictures posted below ARE NOT in chronological order. I'll get better, I promise.
First haircut! July 3, 2010. We decided in honor of the 4th of July, we'd get rid of a time honored American tradition: the mullet (at least get rid of it in our immediate family--we're proud of you Uncle Daren!). Yep, Tyler had one and now it's gone. The kid was a champ. No kiddin', he didn't move a muscle the entire time he was in the chair.

Since we're on firsts....Tyler's first kiss. He shoots, he scores!!! And Dad is there for the assist.

SUPER TYLER!!!
We're zooming back into the house after having a little 'naked time' out in the rain. Yep, I'm serious. I have pictures of that too, but decided against posting. Come for a visit and I'll show you--he enjoyed himself!
The view from our front porch. We see an inordinate number of rainbows--never hurts my feelings.

Could they look anymore uncomfortable? Dad and Ty, snoozin' in the backseat on the way to KY on June 5.

Aunt Susie reading to Tyler and Cousin Conner. Kris pondering life in the background.

My best buddies without Sarah (E. Frey, M. Mattingly, K. McKee, T. Winders). They always make time to visit during the very few hours that I have to do so when passing through Lexington (ya'll know me and my schedule). Aunt Susie is also kind enough to always welcome them over to her house!

Gama and Tyler practicing their clapping skills. She's actually teaching him to count and multiply as part of the clapping game ;-).
Hanging out on the porch with Great Granddaddy and Lizzie! One of my favorite places on all of the earth...

Nana and Kris smile while Tyler eats.
You see that tiny little cute dog (Cody)? He's vicious. He barked at Tyler ever time they were in the same room together at Nana and Pap's house. In this picture, the dog is acutally chasing Tyler around the pool. We know Nana and Pap love the dog, and that they love Tyler. We wish that the dog loved Tyler too (he doesn't).

And in this picture Cody actually jumped ON the float Tyler was on to get to him. You see-vicious! Luckily Dad was there to save the day.
Could they look anymore uncomfortable? Dad and Ty, snoozin' in the backseat on the way to KY on June 5.

Aunt Susie reading to Tyler and Cousin Conner. Kris pondering life in the background.
My best buddies without Sarah (E. Frey, M. Mattingly, K. McKee, T. Winders). They always make time to visit during the very few hours that I have to do so when passing through Lexington (ya'll know me and my schedule). Aunt Susie is also kind enough to always welcome them over to her house!
Gama and Tyler practicing their clapping skills. She's actually teaching him to count and multiply as part of the clapping game ;-).
Nana and Kris smile while Tyler eats.
And in this picture Cody actually jumped ON the float Tyler was on to get to him. You see-vicious! Luckily Dad was there to save the day.
Auntie Hoo giving Tyler a bottle as GiGi looks on. I finally stopped giving him a bottle. It wasn't hard on Tyler, but sure was hard on me ;-).

There's really no explanation for what's going on here.

No explanation for this either. Brady and Granddaddy Rick came for a visit and we had a blast. Brady definitely kept Tyler's attention! I think he's Tyler's favorite uncle.

Cute, huh?

No, this isn't Tyler. This is Tyler's future girlfriend, Ava Katherine. For those of you who remember Katherine McKee (now Howell), my roommate and great friend from Transy...this is her newborn daughter (see baby bump above). Beautiful!

Who feeds their kid sweet potatoes, pita and hummus at the beach? Okay, I do. A 'shout out' to my vegan twin bro' and his lady.

Nana and Tyler at the beach. Tyler had a great time with his grandparents, Aunt Megan and Uncle Shawn. Thanks for leaving Cody at home Nana and Pap!

4th of July fun! He had a side of sand with that hummus and pita!
Tyler insisted on giving Uncle Shawn an open-mouthed kiss before smiling for the picture. Uncle Shawn returned the favor.

Tyler learning the dance routine that Pap, Dad and Uncle Shawn worked on all week long and performed for everyone at the beach on 4th of July...okay, maybe that's not what's going on...really, since Tyler started walking at around 14 months, he has walked with his arms up...similar to what Shawn, Kris and Pap are imitating. Basically they are making fun of him but they ended up looking silly because his arms are pretty much down in the picture. Priceless ;-).
There's really no explanation for what's going on here.
No explanation for this either. Brady and Granddaddy Rick came for a visit and we had a blast. Brady definitely kept Tyler's attention! I think he's Tyler's favorite uncle.
Cute, huh?
No, this isn't Tyler. This is Tyler's future girlfriend, Ava Katherine. For those of you who remember Katherine McKee (now Howell), my roommate and great friend from Transy...this is her newborn daughter (see baby bump above). Beautiful!

Who feeds their kid sweet potatoes, pita and hummus at the beach? Okay, I do. A 'shout out' to my vegan twin bro' and his lady.
Nana and Tyler at the beach. Tyler had a great time with his grandparents, Aunt Megan and Uncle Shawn. Thanks for leaving Cody at home Nana and Pap!
4th of July fun! He had a side of sand with that hummus and pita!
Tyler learning the dance routine that Pap, Dad and Uncle Shawn worked on all week long and performed for everyone at the beach on 4th of July...okay, maybe that's not what's going on...really, since Tyler started walking at around 14 months, he has walked with his arms up...similar to what Shawn, Kris and Pap are imitating. Basically they are making fun of him but they ended up looking silly because his arms are pretty much down in the picture. Priceless ;-).

2 comments:
I love that I see you guys pretty regularly, but yet a lot of that was so new to me! Yes, I am still an obsessive blogger (don't know whats wrong with me). Glad Tylers first kiss made the cut (sure Meliyah's dad won't be too happy about that!)
Melissa
I can't believe how big he is getting, too cute!! So what is with kiddos playing in the rain naked. Malia loves it. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment