skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Blizzard Of The Decade
Yesterday started as a typical winter day in Charleston. People here always freak out when the temperature drops below 40 degrees ans there is a chance of rain. The meteorologists were calling for the possibility of snow and that's all anyone wanted to talk about. School was let out early, half my afternoon patients cancelled or no-showed, and afternoon activities were postponed all over town. This usually leads to mass hysteria which is inevitably followed by a huge letdown. Well, this time it actually snowed. It has been 10 years since there was measurable precipitation in Chucktown and it hasn't snowed more than a couple inches since 1989 when God gave them a post-Hugo Christmas present of 6 inches of snow. We got somehwere between 3 and 5 inches starting at about 8 last night. We made the most of our little blizzard. Courtney and I participated in a snowball fight with our neighbors' kids, who are 10, 8, and 6. Being the mature adults we are, I have to be honest and say we started the snowball fight. I am pretty sure we won, even though they outnumbered us. Sometimes experience is more valuable than youth. I also made some snow ice cream last night. Snow + sugar + vanilla + milk = yummy. This morning, we bundled up the little guy, taped plastic bags around his feet (Mommy's pure genius idea), and ventured outside to build a snowfamily. Tyler had a great time and I am happy to report that he didn't eat any yellow snow.
With our snow likenesses
Ready to play
Future Winter Olympian?
Walking in a Winter Wonderland
Snow strolling
No comments:
Post a Comment